Wednesday, July 18, 2007

DSS Lake!

Harloe, after much bugging and time consumption, i have finally come with the new batch of features which have better pictures and diorama backgrounds. Itis definitely and improvement from last time. And on top of that, my painting and modelling skills are improving, along with my photoshooting and editing.

I would like to thank josh again for his assistance to make the work look even better. And also the provision of extra machinery and accesories with regards to Modern Military Models.

With much furthur ado, i will now present the long await, completed Ticonderoga VLS Cruiser that has taken all this months to complete due to such lack of time.

Here is the first of many features that will be shown in the next few weeks of my completed Tionderoga VLS. I name it the DSS Lake. DSS meaning Dashland Sovereign Ship. As i had an idea of making a customised ship that does not have to be following the US navies standard ship. The no. tag is 90 and thus the CG-90 is here, in plain sight from a birds eye view in the waters, ready for operation.


DSS Lake. (You can see it in a fuller size at my Modern Military Gallery)

Notice, compared to my own non-conformed colour code of the USS Normandy (in previous features a while back). This follows a very strict colour code with strict construction procedures. Overall, I am happy with it, but with regards to the decals, it has been a pain in the ass as many of the decals kept disintegrating de to either being too old or something like tht. This resulted in me having to paint certain specific areas without using decal, and thus may not look so defined but acceptable enuff. I had to also paint certain disintegrating decals toogether, or mix painting and decal pasting together. That was by far the worse problem of making the model ship. I sincerely do hope my next Ticonderoga will be suffer the same issue, if not, its gonna make me piss and my hand sore of painting.

On a sidenote, it will be a while before i continue back with the next military project as i am having very minimal time to do work and keep up with life. But onto other things, i will be submitting some of my good quality pictures of my ship to the model warships website soon, and finally be part of a cool modern military naval webbie. :D

And so stay tune for more really great features and entries that i will most definitely be posting as i am more involved in the Modern Military Hobby than the other one for the moment

Till the next feature,

See ya all soon

No comments: